The Colorado Springs Gazette has published an article on our family and the TLC experience. You can click through and read the article–published this morning–here. It is a great article. Here are some of the good lines from it:
- “Love is what it’s all about,” Chris says. “Love is why we have 13 children.”
- The size of the Jeub family makes them unusual. But theyre also, in a lot of ways, completely normal…
- “When people think of 13 kids, they think of their kids times 13: 13 2-year-olds,” he says. “God spaces them out.”
- “I usually tell people, ‘Once you have three kids, you can have 10 you only have two arms, and you’re already outnumbered,'” Wendy says.
- The family goes grocery shopping only once a month and spends less than $600. Seriously.
- With so many people in the same house, you might think the Jeubs never talk to anyone in the outside world. Not so, they say. They often have friends over for dinner, sometimes two or three additional families at the same time. “It would be pretty boring otherwise,” Wendy says. (Heh, I love this one)
The closing of the article is hilarious. But, I’ve probably extended copyright law already, so you’ll have to read it for yourself. Click here to read “Baker’s Dozen” by Gazette Reporter Andrew Winike.