I almost missed this story when I was vacationing in California last week. Here’s the story:
Apparently the press rushed to Discovery Channel’s headquarters eager to be the first to capture the hot hostage crisis story. They were disappointed to “discover” that the madman was an environmentalist extremist who “demanded” policies from the Discovery Channel. I’m thankful to hear this man’s madness did not take anyone’s life.
James J. Lee, the gunman at the Discovery building, was upset with Discovery for their pro-life, pro-family agenda. Discovery was the broadcast that put my family on television in 2007 with their Kids by the Dozen series, and they continue to put shows on like the Duggars. TLC is owned by Discovery, and these shows have done a fair amount of publicity in showing the joys of children, the blessings of large family living, and (I hope) countering the ridiculous over-population myths that still float around in some disillusioned circles.
Few are more delusional than Lee. He posted online his hostage demands of Discovery, as if Discovery could save the planet from the evils of human beings. Check out some of his rants:
- Focus must be given on how people can live WITHOUT giving birth to more filthy human children since those new additions continue pollution and are pollution.
- All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions. In those programs’ places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it.
- Find ways so that people don’t build more housing pollution which destroys the environment to make way for more human filth! Find solutions so that people stop breeding as well as stopping using Oil in order to REVERSE Global warming and the destruction of the planet!
- Develop shows that mention the Malthusian sciences about how food production leads to the overpopulation of the Human race. Talk about Evolution. Talk about Malthus and Darwin until it sinks into the stupid people’s brains until they get it!
- Saving the Planet means saving what’s left of the non-human Wildlife by decreasing the Human population. That means stopping the human race from breeding any more disgusting human babies!
Read the entire document here: 0901_demands. It’s signed, “These are the demands and sayings of Lee.” I actually looked up hate mail owners from the past–people who have posted vile comments here–to see if Lee was one of them. It’s so similar it is eerie:
- People like you having more kids than the planet can handle are running the country to the ground. Sucking our resources dry. And for what? To glorify yourselves. You know deep down inside there is no god. IF there was a god he would not tell people to ruin the earth by over populating it. Do you ever stop to think how many ANIMALS are left homeless and are suffering to make room for all your offspring? Your blog sickens me.
- NUTS, You’re nuts. Thought about buying a cookbook but can’t support your crazy ideas, I’ll go else where for my cookbook. Sorry
- Good luck taking over the world with your army of babies. I don’t think God would approve of using children as a weapon. Children need individual attention and love. How is that possible with nearly 20 kids? Please enlighten me if you can. But this cult is sounding more and more like the Taliban every day!
- STOP breeding!!! Do you really think it’s fair for your older kids to help you take care of the younger ones? Do you really think it’s fair for your older kids to help you take care of the younger ones? Let them be kids- not parents! … Are you getting assistance from the government? I don’t want to pay for your irresponsibility! Get real, try putting your precious bible between your…
This last one needed some editing. You should see the posts I DIDN’T include. No, Mr. Lee was not one of the posters. But they sure sound similar, don’t they?
Here’s our bottom line: Children are blessings from God. No exceptions. I wish people like Lee could realize this, rather than believe the false claims of overpopulation zealots. Such idiotic claims that children curse the planet are becoming mainstream, even subtle, like in Al Gore’s movie An Inconvenient Truth. (Yes, it is confirmed that Lee was “inspired” by Gore’s claims, most of which have been debunked just a few short years later.) Children are not “disgusting” like Lee and his like say. They are blessings–every last one of them–and those who think otherwise are delusional.
Two solid evidences convince me of this. First, each child (by golly) ends up blessings to their families and to the world they encounter in life. We’re going on 15 children and have yet to bring a curse into the world. Second, such talk stirs the enemy into a rabid frenzy, like those of Lee and the posts above.