Alright, enough trolling for trolls. The intellectual challenge was fun, but I’m going to return to ignoring them and focusing on the Jeub family message of Family, Love, Children and Jesus…
Tomorrow, that is.
I hope you have enjoyed the posts of the last couple weeks. Boy, they sure stir up the conversation. I thoroughly enjoyed it (as Wendy rolls her eyes and goes back to mothering). I would like to pause for a moment and let you know why I did this.
See, the conventional blogging wisdom is to ignore the trolls. We’ve been doing that for years, kind of. Inviting trolls to post on the blog is like inviting a thief to help you set your safe combination. They’ve been known to pollute websites, overwhelm good families who attempt to communicate similar messages to the world. So, most bloggers ignore them. That’s the blogging wisdom, I suppose.
But stop right there and think about this. Who has been doing the trolling the past couple of weeks? Your’s truly. Internet trolls try to persuade the reader, you. They think I’m a loon, but they suspect that you’re visiting this site with doubts in your minds. Perhaps you are. Perhaps:
- You’re not so sure your marriage, your family, your children.
- You’re on the pill or considering surgery to avoid pregnancy.
- You don’t have it all together, thinking another child would be anything but a blessing.
- You’re lambasted with reasons to NOT welcome another child, you’d like to hear the alternative.
- Your faith is weak, you struggle mentally, you’re a mess – you’re looking for hope.
I could go on and on, couldn’t I? You come to this blog to seek answers, to be encouraged. You hear the world’s idea of Family, Love, Children and Jesus every time you turn on the TV, and you know most of it’s a bunch of garbage. You’d like to hear the contrary view for a change. Wendy and I seek out reasons for hope and love. Trolls seek out weakness to strike and devour.
Here’s a little secret: They’re not out to convince me, and I’m not out to convince them. In all my answers, I have YOU in mind. I don’t want their lies to get under your skin. You should – with me – kick their thoughts out of your life for good.
You know what happens when you seek truth and love in your life? When you hold tighter to the cross of Christ? When you submit to God and love him and others, starting with your own spouse and children and extended family? Life starts to look pretty doggone good. Sure, your crabby neighbor might think you’re weird, but who cares? Your house becomes more and more full of joy, becomes Love in the House.
- You begin to love your spouse and your children.
- You throw off the “fear” of pregnancy and discover what liberating sex really is.
- You start to see life more clearly, appreciate your children more.
- You become a good debater and enjoy stomping out the lies that tempt you.
- Your walk with Jesus solidifies, you straighten up your life, and things start to look hopeful for a change.
And life is good. Trolls go back to the holes they crawled out of. And the love of our life, Jesus Christ, turns the water into wine.
“…the going will get rough. The world, the minions of darkness, and your own double-mindedness are all set against you. Just try coming alive, try living from your heart for the Sacred Romance and watch how the world responds. They will hate you for it and will do everything in their power to get you to fall back into the comfort of the way things were. Your passion will disrupt them, because it sides with their own heart which they’ve tried so hard to put away. If they can’t convince you to live from the safer places they have chosen, they will try intimidation. If that fails, they’ll try to kill you—if not literally, then at the level of your soul.”– John Eldredge